adventures for the culturally curious
A Gap Year is a period of time, usually between high school and college, when students take a break from formal classroom-based education to travel, volunteer, intern, or work. Free to Roam Adventures works with individual students and their parents to design intentional gap experiences that suit your preference, budget, and goals for the future.
Gap years aren't just for kids! Adults transitioning between jobs, remote workers, and retirees are taking Career Sabbaticals to travel, gain a fresh perspective on life and personal goals, reset, or experiment with a possible career change. Free to Roam Adventures helps plan your adventure so you can focus on the journey and return home feeling rejuvenated and refocused.
Free to Roam Adventures collaborates with institutions and organizations to curate unique educational travel adventures for groups. We combine our logistics management expertise with extensive experience managing student groups to curate innovative and engaging travel programs. We provide the travel planning expertise to compliment your institution's mission.
Benefits Of Working With Us
- Customized recommendations, including opportunities not visible at gap year fairs or online searches
- Opportunities for cost savings through independent experiences planned with help of advisor
- Thorough vetting of gap year opportunities
- Guidance throughout the planning and decision-making process from someone with firsthand gap experience
- On the ground support during your gap experience
- Assistance transferring gap year experience to college and future endeavors